Using strida on snow/ice

Hi,

with 36 spokes on a 355 rim, it’s packed dense. You want a small elegant spoke wrench.
I used park tool size No. 1 or 3,2 mm, respectively.
I saw a video where snow clogged between Belt disk and bottom bracket was mentioned.
I wouldn’t mind that too much. Snow settles everywhere, doesn’t it?
I can’t imagine snow being an issue there.
It’s more that snow gets clogged between tyre and fender. At least that’s my major winter problem with bikes and snow.

regards: Klaus

2 Likes

Thank you! Now I bought the tires and park tool. I will remove the fenders as you suggested.
Ming in their catalog is warning us not to use their bike on ice. They didn’t mention why. Maybe because of the tires
I think one gear strida is more safe on snow as it can’t go as fast as Evo. :thinking:

1 Like

@KWie are you able to roll the bike normally with studied tires ?

1 Like

Hello,

i can put the wheels together with the 42-355 studded tyres. The same is true for the 44-355 i enjoy so much on my 18". However, as of now, i can not roll it as i was used to. I’ll have to find some time to apply spacers betwen the hubs and the magnet (or the magnetic plate or both)
I guess, changing the distance between the folded wheels is described somewhere?
I’ll find that time somewhen…

2 Likes

Hello guys,

there are several methods to reach your target, plz check these threads:
make-wheels-further-apart-when-folded-redux
maxxis-hookworm-16-x-1-95-53-305-tyre-request
16-custom-wheels-radial-36-spoked
strida-front-wheel-magnet-spacer
Preferably should the spacer be used at the front wheel, this keeps the magnet catch function 100% intact.

The required thickness can be calculated like so:
Wider tyre width minus initial tyre width = thickness spacer.

If you like such aluminium spacers as shown above in the second thread (plus longer bolts) you could drop me a pm.

Cheers,

Chris

2 Likes

I bought 42-355 bases on your article.:blush: I am looking forward to hear how it went

1 Like

Hi,
Congrats.
I am so overwhelmed by the performance with spikes on snow/ice, that I have purchased a spare set of 42-355 tyres.
I‘m satisfied as it is but if I can find the time, I’ll optimise the wheels distance.

1 Like