The 3-speed Strida

Ming has to sell alloy chainwheels without the crank arms.

Strida Evo is on Strida-homepage (products).

Here’s a link to the EVO on Strida’s product page. I’m really surprised that they’re going to ship it with 18" wheels.

Many thanks to Conrad and our guest for posting!

Several days ago appeared pics of a black/gold Strida EVO at the Thailand Stridaforum,
http://www.thaimtb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=418400&start=1290 (Full size pics)

thanks to letitbe1503 for posting and credits to bigwheelbike from Taiwan!

Some of the pics were also posted at the Hong Kong Strida Club,
http://www.hkstrida.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4804start=70
(Registration and login required)

thanks to oneseven!

Ming cycle told me that there will be an EVO for a test ride at EUROBIKE Show 2012, Friedrichshafen, Germany. Ming cycle is at A5-234. Eurobike is exclusively open to the public on Saturday, September 1st.

Hi sulmfish,

many thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

Wednesday we rode the brandnew EVO at the Eurobike and - we were really amazed!

The gear switching worked very fine, after a short familiarization it was no problem to switch, for example, from the third to the second gear by pedaling backwards a bit more than 120 degrees. It is not needed to pedal 60 degrees backwards for two times, as I thought before.
The gears engaged with a smooth, gentle and precise click, the drive is noiseless and left a fully developed impression.

If the drive is durable - which we cannot know yet - it might be the best innovation ever presented by Ming cycle, I mean.

The frame of this EVO Strida is a unique version, made especially for the Eurobike without visible welding seams!
Said as a perfectionist - the frame is looking perfectly wonderful.

Highly advisable: Go to Friedrichshafen, see and ride yourself :mrgreen:

Naturally, we will try to bring the EVO to Austria as soon as possible, as far we know Vanmoof will need some more time for testing purposes before the Dutchman will add the EVO to their offering. Btw, some of you might have noticed that the LT is not any longer available at the Vanmoof Strida shop, but it will be back again in 2013.
(Vanmoof wants to wait until the LT also will be produced with the EN compliant reinforced frame.)

EVO @ Eurobike 2012 1600x1200

Last, but not least:

Many thanks to Sara of Ming cycle for kind customer service, ongoing patient support and very good understanding despite of language barriers!

This highly interesting pic was found at the Thailand Strida Club site:

Many thanks for posting to letitbe1503 :smiley:

Hi to all in the forum…

Just got my new Strida Evo in London today from Bike Republic who where very helpful!
so I thought I would share a few pictures…

I have fitted a brooks flyer special from my Strida SX to replace the stock saddle and also added brooks plump grips.

Instead of going for the black model I decided to take something slightly more unique, a great paint job, at least I think so.

Had so much fun today overtaking bromptons, this bike is fast!! The gears changed nice and smoothly a real upgrade from the SX.

Hello StridaEvo-London,

welcome and many thanks for sharing!

Have a safe ride :smiley:

Sun Race Sturmey Archer Inc. User Manual for KS3 3-Speed Bottom Bracket

Is it possible to get a complete matte black one?
Can you get a black bended steer kit?
I’m used to the bended steer on my current Strida SX.

According to the Strida website should the EVO be available in matt black, but it’s the decision of your local dealer which colour(s) will be imported.
http://www.strida.com/en/products/?method=listing&sid=11

As far I know is the bended steer kit available in silver only - but all detachable aluminium parts of the Strida can be anodized without problem.
If you can’t find a good anodizer in your region just tell me…

The special Eurobike version looks really good!

The Sturmey Archer patent about the new gear system can be downloaded here.
The drawings show the complexity of the shifting mechanism.

@StridaEvo-London: Very jealous of your EVO! Please write a more detailed rider report soon!

By request my rider report for the Strida Evo can be found under the rider report section

Found at the Thailand Strida Club:

Australian EVO!
stridabikes.com.au

Strida Australia/EVO

Thanks for posting to letitbe1503 !

:mrgreen:

Already mentioned by phey_05 here:
Has anyone retrofitted a schlumpf on their strida?

there will, at least in some countries, also a 16" EVO version be available!

Hey Amuro.

How about this link as ‘proof’ of evo existance for Wikipeadia …
bike-eu.com/Home/General/201 … IK005760W/

That bloke ‘Biker Biker’ is probably a stooge for another bike co, a troll, or just an ignorant nerd with too much time on his hands (or all 3 !!)

Keep up the good work keeping the TRUTH TRUE !! :mrgreen:

Yes. Check out Strida France:

strida.fr/2012/12/01/les-car … liant-evo/