The 3-speed Strida

EVO review by Lloyd Alter at treehugger:

Testing the new Strida Evo 3-speed

:sunglasses:

I assume you’re talking about B-Fold. I bought my Duo from them! (We should go on a ride together.) Dave has refused from the very beginning to carry the EVO, saying it was “too expensive.” Dave! A 1-bedroom apt in the neighborhood goes for $2,000 USD!!

What’s worse: I was just told today by a former Brooklyn bicycle shop Strida dealer that all Strida dealers in the U.S. are no longer carrying them due to a pending lawsuit against Strida.

What is up with that? So far I’ve been able to find NO info on this “pending lawsuit” anywhere.

Plz post or email me if you have any info. Thanks!

And hey, Christian D. in Vienna, here’s a shout out to you in case you’re reading this! Hope you’re well.

:question:

Thank you very much :laughing:

Yes, hope you’re too!

I got the impression that the b-fold guys weren’t too impressed the the EVO when I brought mine in. Too bad, a similar brompton is about the same price, and really I don’t see the benefit over the strida, except the glut of dealers selling them.

I agree on price, while I do think it is quite expensive for a bike the cost is right up there with typical numbers for living in NYC.