Sideway movement of the rear wheel

Hello Alistair,

your kit was shipped already at Monday, so it should arrive soon :smiley:
Good luck!

The kit arrived yesterday - great instructions and impeccably packaged up, so thank-you very much.
Fitted it today, and the sideways movement of the rear wheel has gone completely. Iā€™ll keep you posted to how it fairs over time, but hopefully this is a great fix for the cheap components supplied with the bike. Iā€™m convinced that the belt twisting problems all stem from the movement of the rear wheelā€¦ which in turn comes from one cheap washer. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

The thin washer seemed to cover the damage to the frame well:

Thanks so much for your help and generosity Christian - especially since as you explained, you have no official links to Strida other than being a fellow rider.

In contrast I have yet to even be called back by Velorution, where I bought the bike, and asked 10 days ago about ordering the replacement existing washer and cup-spring. Pretty poor customer service.

Best regards
Alistair :smiley: :smiley:

Hello Alistair,

I have to say thanks to you for being my test pilot :smiley:
Looking forward for your experienceā€¦

Best wishes,

Chris

Six months now of riding daily with the modification and I can report that it seems to have fixed the problem and more importantly lasted. I can thoroughly recommend this simple upgrade to any other Strida rider. It has stopped by belts coming off and removed any sideways movement from the rear wheel. In my opinion it should become a manufacturerā€™s upgrade. Result!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dear Alistair,

thanks so much for your feedback :smiley:
Iā€™m very happy that it lasted :laughing:

Best wishes,

Chris

Hello everyone,

Came across this thread due to exactly the same problem on my Strida SX. Actually it developed on both SXā€™s Iā€™ve had - I sold the first one to a friend and he discovered the rear wheel movement afterwards.
I havenā€™t disassembled my SX yet, but I expect the damage to be quite serious - the sideways movement of the wheel is ca. 1 cm, although itā€™s not present all the time.

Blackstridaaustria - would you be so kind and post (or re-post) the pictures and specs of the repair kit you developed? I would be very grateful indeed!

All the best,
Maciej

Hello Maciej,
or should I say Lachman?

Well, thatā€™s no problem, all the info is still here:
crackling noise repair kit instructions
Note that the last post is leading also to an official kit source of Strida Canada West!
stridacanada.ca/?product=strida- ā€¦ pgrade-kit

Please feel free to rebuild the kit and/or let me know if you want a complete sample from Vienna :wink:
Pm belowā€¦and kind regards :smiley:

Chris

Hi,

Itā€™s a very late reply but the obvious solution would be a washer between axle 340 and bolt 373 that is as thick as the washer between the frame tube and the cup spring 367.

regards: Klaus

Yes, that is correct - in theory.

But in practice, we had to notice (much later) that the basic conditions can be pretty different - from Strida to Strida :thinking:

rear-hinge-finally-the-sad-truth

1 Like