Posted by wor73 on 2006/9/4, 12:25
STRIDA Vs A-BIKE
I position my Strida and A-bike for a comparision. These are my observations:
Pros of A-bike
- A-bike is Light! 5kg!
- Easy handling, + the handle is easier to fold than strida.
- Reflective Tapes are certainly much better in quality.
- It fits inside most ragsack bag.
- Seat-post is easy to adjust at anytime.
- A small bell is included.
Cons of A-bike
- Seat is terrible and the bike is not comfortable to travel on any uneven surface.
- It is slow but it does pose a bit of danger if you hit a pothole or curb.
- I see that the only danger is travelling upslope, you can go on wheelie position very easily, worst if you are carrying a heavy bag.
- The brake cables is not any neater than Strida.
- Tyre tends to stick to the ground, due to its small size and maneuvering is not easy.
- The pedal is somewhat much difficult to fold than strida though design is about the same.
- No rear storage rack.
Strida Vs Abike - Unbrella Position Front View
Strida Vs Abike - Unbrella Position Side View
Strida Vs Abike - Foldup View
Strida Vs Abike - Cycle Position View
Strida Vs Abike - Side by Side View
Strida Vs Abike - Handle design