Disc brake caliper lever bumps into caliper body

Hi, man from Strida Nederlands told me to do it like that.

I follows how is in my Strida Evo3

Front wheel is breake, black washer, silver washer, body, bolt.

Back wheel is breake, black washer, body, silver washer, bolt.

Front seems perfect, I’ve just bit scratching noise in back wheel.

Guys please confirm something - IS IT DEFINITELY PART 340-06 don’t need be fitted anymore? because I removed back wheel today and realized broken part 338 (it is metal tube with washer in the middle) Seem like is screwed too hard? OR is fault because no RING? Or because part 376 is an plastic washer? I;m sure before where metal once - man from shop in Nederlands said is plastic now.

Part 340-06 is required for the old plastic freewheels only.
Not necessary for the newer aluminium freewheels.

Typical issue; part 338 (magnet spacer) is broken very often but explicitly required for correct function of the magnet’s counterpart.
Together with three plastic washers (376) and one metal washer (469) will this system establish the tilt-function of the magnet’s counterpart.

Absolutely, also a typical issue - do not overtighten the wheel bolt 379!!!
I wrote an extra thread regarding this f… bolt - you can find it here
Tips from Mark.pdf torque warning!

No.

Again, there have to be three in sum, refer here for the correct parts sequence:

The three plastic washers and one metal are standard since ten years I can assure.

I’ve just 15Nm wench and is not clicking so I just done it carefully. I’ll have a ride and will do any corrections. :slight_smile: Thanks

…does that mean you screwed that on this way - with the broken magnet spacer?

And sorry I forgot to mention that the wheel bolt should be glued with thread locking compound (Loctite or simliar).

No I’ve replacement :slight_smile: I ordered 3 of them!

Loctite done is well.

Back wheel is bit bouncing just minimally. I think is normal anyway…

Unfortunately broke the brakes on test ride! I mean bolt broke from (brake cable) It is just my bad luck :smiley: cool I have my second Strida…

Hi, I received new brake calipers and cables. Was still something wrong with that. Decide go to bike shop - my neighbor. He said caliper touching the disc and started making some silly adjustments - adding some different washers. Then I said enough and came back home.

I feel so bad with this bicycle. I spent a lot of money to make it how is it now!

I screwed calipers as on my Strida Evo3 (same as instruction what gave me Friso from Stida.NL)

Brake disc touching caliper body :frowning:

Changed everything upside down.

FRONT - short screw, frame, silver washer, black washer, caliper.

REAR - long screw, silver washer, frame, black washer, caliper.

Front looks fine, spin and stops smoothly.

Rear is bit tight. Is stopping well but left pad need be tight to the brake disk because is i screw it back is not stoping.

Is it right or not? I’m seriously getting crazy with that.

Well…unfortunately I don’t get the point of the problem I’m afraid…

Maybe better to use inner and outer pad instead of left and right in that case, inner is that one closer to the spokes.

The inner pad has to be as close as possible to the rotor always because it is not moving while braking.
The outer pad gets in touch first with the rotor and BENDS it onto the inner pad, braking starts once the bent rotor was clamped between both pads.
(More sophisticated calipers do move both pads btw.)

Yeah, I think it was just my panic. I done it myself I think now is definitely fine!

Thanks a lot everyone!

Now I just need reduce squeaking noise when I ride… but it is different topic anyway.

Next week Strida 1986 will see the sunshine fist time from a year.