freewheel part fitted, now bike does not run smoothly

Hi All

I am the original poster, & i am sad to say that since recently giving my Strida 5 for a service, my bike has gone from being fun to ride to being stuck in the office under my table…reason being is that the guys that did the service could no get the belt to stay under tension, so they eventually (after several visits) swapped the crank around (where the pedals are) so that it would not move so much, which i thought was an odd thing to have to do, seeing i have had no problems with it loosening.

anyway, now they have done this, the belt seems rather tight & i noticed that the rear wheel was not running freely.

I have been riding for 2 weeks now, & i decided to investigate, only to find now the new freewheel which i only fitted in Feb this year, has gone faulty.

When turning the wheel, a clunking sound can be heard from the freewheel.

I think it may have been caused by the over tensioning of the belt maybe?

I really do not want to take my bike back to the same shop where i got it serviced as the bike has not been the same since, the customer service is really bad & pricing (not enough shops dealing with Stridas pushing the price up). Now im at the stage wher my Strida is not running at all, and the amount of money it cost with service etc, the thought of a new freewheel every 8 month etc, im starting to think that the Strida may soon go up for sale, also it’s very hard to get the simplist of parts for (stickers etc. see my other post).

Unless there is someone who can help me, i think my Strida days will unfortunately come to an end

I have been to Velorusion (talked to owner, an italian ??) and saw impressive workshop in basement. But I only wanted a spare rear wheel. … seemed like a good outfit.

Another Strida dealer in London is Bikefix, lambs conduit st. (now, they Should fix it :wink: ).
If I were you, i’d study all the manuals and stuff here and DIY … there is not much on these bikes to fix … and … I’d contact Strida europe with this story - I am sure they would want to
a) hear, and
b) help - they will have more experience with Strida, in Europe (apparently there are many, many more sold there).

FWIW …
www.strida.co.uk
rik@strida.nl
jasmijn@vanmoof.com
Wibautstraat 129-5th floor
1091 GL Amsterdam
The Netherlands
T: +31 - (0)20-3307401
F: +31 - (0)20-3305132