Has anyone retrofitted a schlumpf on their strida?

Dear Strida drivers, Dear RichardCoffey,

with kind agreement of Mr. Florian Schlumpf, mechanical engineer in Switzerland, I would like to publish parts of the conversation between Mr. Schlumpf and me a few weeks ago:

Me: “… as an enthusiastic owner of a Strida 5.2 I would be highly interested in where to get a speed drive and in knowing the costs of the precious piece. Sharp, possibly not really competent, tongues here in Austria claim the Strida MAS does not operate properly.”

Mr. Schlumpf: “The sharp tongues are not totally wrong: years ago we made a licence agreement with a Taiwanese company.
Presently, these gear drives are mounted into the Stridas - unfortunately with little success since the quality leaves a lot to be desired. For this reason we decided to produce a tailor-made alternative including the excentric fitting for the Strida, which is now available and works faultlessly. However, with “made in Switzerland” and 5 years full warranty this part is also a little more expensive.”

I received the following parts:

1. Speed drive and belt
  2. Tool set “maintenance”
  3. Info sheets, mounting instructions

In my case, the price was exactly 553,27 Euro (speed drive plus toolset minus 4 % when paid within 10 days).
    And praise the lord if you are NOT going to be charged for customs duty (in my country about 20 %). :imp: :open_mouth: :imp:

To dismount the original cranks you will need something like this:
bbbparts.com/images/tools/btl14_normal.jpg

For further information the workshop manuals can be found here:
schlumpf.ch/hp/handbuecher/WHB.sd.engl.pdf
schlumpf.ch/hp/handbuecher/WHB.sd.dt.pdf

Not mounted yet, I will post some pics of the mounting soon, additional overview added below.

Better quality here:
s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx33 … rive%20HQ/
Best regards to all Strida riders!