Simple questionnaire for Strida users

Hello,

My name is Tiago. I am working in a project related to the Strida.
I am looking to know a bit more about Strida Users. I was wondering if I could have your help answering 3 simple questions (bellow).

Thanks!!

Questions:

QUESTION A

Using a scale of 1 to 5 (1 Very unimportant, 5 Very important), please indicate how important the following factors were to convince you to buy a Strida:

a) Smart (space efficient, foldable, faster travelling)
b) Unique/Different (unique geometry, stands out from the rest, exclusive)
c) Fun and Free (can be easily taken everywhere, used in open air)
d) Cost
e) Ease of use
f) Riding perfomance (right performance for it’s main use)

QUESTION B

For how long have you owned a Strida?

QUESTION C

How would you caracterize Strida users? What makes them different? (Besides being awesome I assume).

Hello Tiago,

welcome at Stridaforum!
We’d love to read more details of your project :smiley:

Question A:

a) 5
b) 3
c) 4
d) 2
e) 5
f) 4

B: ~ 5 years

C:

There is one remarkable thing which I’ve heard from several Strida fans, regarding their first ride: They mentioned that they had to grin (or even laugh) - so I’d assume that they do have some sense for humour :smiley:
At least I can say that Striders aren’t that big forum talkers - as you can see on the tremendous traffic here…
But it’s impossible to characterize the average Strida user, moreover that are Strida user’s intentions different between the Eastern and Western community. I believe the Westerners are generally a bit older, several of them also owners of second (third,…) bikes, the actual transportation and the space-saving arguments are not that important as they are for our Eastern friends.
I’ve noticed also that some users (regardless of nation/location) are indeed a little bit naive; to think that there is a folding bike existent which can be ridden over years without any loving care - that’s fiction. But of course I have to confess here too that the advertising of Ming is just here…well, let’s say “formulated awkward”…

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you Chris for your message! :slight_smile: You answers are really useful.

I’m working on a product for the Strida. I can’t really say what it is right now, since it’s at an early stage. I can say that it’s something that is something new and unique. I will let you know when it’s available.

Thanks again,
Tiago

Please consider also - above is a fan’s attitude.
Of course I’m the more curious now, but I can understand your meaning very well :smiley:
(Don’t think that I’ve got an empty bag of tricks :smiling_imp: ).

QUESTION A

Using a scale of 1 to 5 (1 Very unimportant, 5 Very important), please indicate how important the following factors were to convince you to buy a Strida:

1 a) Smart (space efficient, foldable, faster travelling)
4 b) Unique/Different (unique geometry, stands out from the rest, exclusive)
1 c) Fun and Free (can be easily taken everywhere, used in open air)
2 d) Cost
1 e) Ease of use
1 f) Riding performance (right performance for it’s main use)

QUESTION B

For how long have you owned a Strida?
One Year

QUESTION C

How would you characterize Strida users? What makes them different? (Besides being awesome I assume).
One common thread I notice among strida users in the US is they seem to have looked at all perspectives and options of having a folding bike and made a specific choice. While other brands are more readily available, they choose the bike for it’s niche speciality and the choose deliberately.