My Strida SD (Sport Duo)

First of all, I have to say that I weigh 250lbs. :blush:

When I bought my Strida SD 16 months ago, it came with alloy wheels with single-wall rim which are the same as those of used on Strida 5.0/5.2

I ride my SD to work everyday and used to put it in the storeroom in my working place when I was on duty. After I had been using the bike for just a few months, when I took my SD back from the storeroom one day, I found that the rim of the rear wheel was seriously bent and could not be repaired. :frowning:
Maybe it was done by one of my colleagues. I don’t know. Anyway, I ordered a new rear wheel from the local distributor and replaced the wheel for the first time.

After I had been using the new real wheel for half a year, I found that one of its spokes broke so I replaced the broken spoke in a local bike shop.

2 months ago, the rear wheel was bent again so I took the bike to a local bike shop. Unfortunately, the shop owner found a broken spoke and a crack on the flange of the hub. Therefore, I had to replace the rear wheel again. :cry:

I ordered a pair of alloy wheels with double-wall rim which are used on Strida 5.1 (Taiwan domestic version) from the local distributor. During the waiting period, I borrowed a pair of plastic wheels of Strida LT from a friend and used them on my SD.

I used to think the plastic wheels used on Strida LT are really indestructible. However, I found that I was wrong last Wednesday. :open_mouth:

I picked up the wheels with double-wall rim from the local distributor on the same day and installed them on my SD on Friday night.

Last Saturday was the first day which I commuted by my SD equipped with the new wheels with double-wall rim. When I rode home from my office, I found that the rear wheel was wobbly and some of the spokes are completely loose! How can Ming Cycle sell such badly built wheels to their customers :question: :exclamation: :imp: