Fed up with my broken Strida (Toronto CANADA)

Well as pompous and arrogant as I sounded sorry about insulting you but that entirely IS the problem and main issue of your entire belt skipping problem. I had the same problem with my original plastic freewheel and didn’t clean the belt often. The dirt actually ATE away the freewheel teeth like a grinder, and pretty quickly it was screwed because the dang thing skipped alot more than it was new, every minor incline and my belt was skipping away. You can actually see worn flat spots on the freewheel teeth if you look at it closely, as stupid as it sounds the belt CANNOT take dirt on it for long periods of time The snubber to keep the belt contacting the freewheel isn’t that effective by then. Try that in winter instead of just rain and you’ll find out really fast how long it’ll last because of the dirt/salt mix we use for winter mixed with snow. Belt drive has it’s uses and it’s own maintenance schedule but they are not maintenance free. They shouldn’t have sold you saying that you don’t have to do anything.

Curbside used to sell strida’s so they would have previous experience on what to do and I still think your freewheel is pretty worn out by now and if that was the case no amount of tuning can fix it after a certain point. hopefully they can order a new freewheel for you it’s around $30 something for the metal one. Strida’s should never have been sold with a plastic freewheel to begin with, they did that to cut costs cause it’s alot cheaper to pop out a plastic mould than machine a metal piece.

Oh yeah also if you wanted to know how long will your plastic strida freewheel last if you rode it in the winter???

stridaforum.com/forum/viewto … f=2&t=2791

One season! some guy in germany needed it replaced and someone else went through 3 of them already. The problem went away once they all switched to the metal freewheel which seems like you’ll have to do if curbside can order this for you.