Chrome Care

Tooraks seem to be OK… :smiley:

I think we can say near-topic, you will see at the forum that several post-replys are off- or near topic, I think that’s normal for a forum?
Of course it’s difficult to find something here, but the search is not bad and the moderators are always trying to be helpful.

That’s what I like about this forum. :smiley:

Good evening, Chester! I see that you’re also a member of this wonderful forum. :wink:

Tooraks also has white and galaxy if I’m no mistaken. BSA is also right with regards to the color that gets ordered. If you prefer a different color, our dealer will be more than willing to order a different set.

Go get yourself an SD. Quick! Then come and join our Philippine Strida Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/197697970307319/. :smiley:

With regards to the bungee chord, I bought it separately. Replaced the stock rack with the one with the bungee chord.

Thanks thanks, Genuin_S for the large images! :smiley: They’re really wonderful to look at. :open_mouth:

Thanks drkdoesstrida,

I believe that you’re the owner of the other chrome SD according to Ricky. Am I correct?

At least I’ve settled my mind on what model to get now have to decide on the color.

Now that “bling-bling” parts are available in the market. It’s now easy to pimp your strida. But what I envy about our friends from the EU is their proximity to Schlumpf.

The SD have the ATS speed drive correct? Not the original Schlumpf?

Yup yup. :slight_smile: Ricky Sales-talked me into getting the chrome…no regrets though. :smiley:

I too got really frustrated when I learned that getting the original Schlumpf would cost around Php50,000. :open_mouth: That’s what we pay for Swiss-Engineering(<==:heart:).

So far, I haven’t heard any problems with the ATS speed drive. If I’m correct, they requested rights to manufacture the Schlumpf drive…so technically, it’s still a Schlumpf drive BUT made by a different manufacturer. :wink:

You’re right!

No, they still have the rights for years…

more here: Re: Has anyone retrofitted a schlumpf on their strida?

Fully correct, the price seems good at first sight but there might be a little problem if you want to order an ATS speed drive separately for Strida!

Please check yourself, as far as I know ATS does not supply a few additional for Strida needed things:
The 80 teeth beltwheel, the belt, there is no excentric bottom bracket…
http://www.ats-speeddrive.com/tpl/all_sd_pic.html

You should know that the 80 teeth beltwheel of an Original Schlumpf speed drive is in fact made in Taiwan, at the Ming cycle company! :exclamation:

(I’ve asked Mr. Schlumpf if it would be possible to create a custom beltwheel, the new wheel should have 82 or more teeth :mrgreen:
Sadly not possible, told Mr. Schlumpf, because he has the Taiwanese Originals only.)

Could somebody please check whether the 80 t. beltwheel is available as a spare part by Ming/Strida at Philippines?

I’m just wondering if there’s a separate black kickplates because I want the whole pedal-cranks-beltwheel to be be black like that of the MAS version.

Please jump here and scroll down to “special crankarms”.

Here you’ll find “Easy-shift - levers, per pair, colour silver or black anodized”.

:wink:

Even ATS has those items selling seperately. :wink:
http://www.ats-speeddrive.com/tpl/all_sd_item.html

:smiley: