Strida workshop tool guide

Hi,

Thanks. Is the BB tool available online? I have difficulties finding it locally.

[quote=“Blackstridaaustria”]
Hi Striders,

created primarily upon request for details of Schlumpf speed drive installation and required tools, the following chart was extended to a (hopefully) nearby complete list of all, usual and special, tools around the Strida workbench.

Maybe it is useful for deciding if you want to repair/maintain “her” by DIY or a professional bike store.

Schlumpf/Speed drive tools:

[size=200]A[/size] Hook spanner (hook wrench) Ø 60 mm (bottom bracket groove nut)

An adjustable hook spanner of correct size range will also do, like this

But it should be recognized that a spanner with only one “hook” must have higher quality than a “3-hook” version!
Usually a “1-hook” version is more expensive due to better material (chrom/vanadium steel) than a “3-hook” version which is stamped out of 5 mm iron sheet.
Vice-versa is that the reason for the low price of the Schlumpf tool set “Installation and maintenance” for 32 CHF which is shown above!
And also the reason why the tool set is recommendable for DIY’ers.
The “3-hook” version does have a big disadvantage (it collides with the kickstand mount), therefore is correct belt tension adjustment not impossible, but it requires several steps more.

[i]I think that the 60 mm hook spanner is a very important tool, not only for two speed riders because the spanner should be used to tighten the big groove nut after/while belt tension adjustment.