Quick Release Seat Molding ST-QRS-001

Hi StridaJohn,

I’m sorry to hear about your problem, maybe this limitation in adjusting (without any tools) is interesting to other users.

Referring to the manual page 3, upper right picture, at pre-assembly you have to choose between the upper and the lower position of the seat pin (using a 2mm Allen key), depending on rider height.

upper: 5’9" - 6’4" (1,75m - 1,93m)
lower: 4’9" - 5’9" (1,45m - 1,75m)

All 14 adjusting possibilities (teeth) are available in the lower variant only (!), the upper variant supports the use of max. 12 teeth, limited to the top by the rear brake wire.
One step (tooth to tooth) is approx. 11 mm long.

The seat pin is definitely NOT intended to hold any weight, this is the challenge of the two seat clamps, which MUST be tightened strongly, just like the “old” seat molding.
3 broken QRS out of 4 on a bikeshow doesn’t really make me wonder, hundreds of people fingering around, knowing nothing about the function of this part…

Might a solution, which uses only the 2 mm Allen key, be an acceptable compromise to completely “tool-less” function for you?
For this there is a possibility requiring only one hole in the seat molding and a modified seat pin, I think …(working on this)

My suggestion to StridaJohn: Buy your girl her own Strida, visit together some beautiful places, shoot some nice pics … and share them with us at Stridaforum!

Best regards