Strida electric drive by Aleksandr Mironov

Here is another more complete video with description of the e-drive in russian language youtube.com/watch?v=BGqj2xxUyt8
There’s a Strida fans community in russian VK.com and one of the guys says that now it’s just a second beta version of e-kit for Strida. Kit made with chinese parts with some kind of custom modification. If I correctly understood the custom will be gearbox. Drive power is 350 W, additional weight +5.5 kg. Gear box is mounted on rear frame and standart brakes seats. Battery 10Ah, average route at 1 charge 25-40 km, max speed 25 km/h on 16" wheels and 28 km/h on 18". Principle of work based on the transmission of force from the motor through a gearbox to the gear attached to the brake disc. To have the ability of make your bicycle lighter when you don’t want to use e-drive, battery and motor will be quick-detachable. All mechanism can be easily installed not only in Strida, but at any other bicycle with disc brakes.
Album at OneDrive with fullsize pics 1drv.ms/1JOhxm7

Blackstridaaustria, yes we can make new topic to discuss the idea of this e-drive.
I’m not sure that this e-kit would have the commercial distribution worldwide, but at the moment author of idea promises that final version will be available to russian customers (that means that I can buy it :wink: ). Estimated cost is about 550-630$, not so cheap, but the idea is really interesting.
By the way he offers the free test drive in Moscow to anyone intrested in this idea. Maybe if I find time I could try it myself.