fitting a new belt on strida 5

If there would be an easier way - why shouldn’t I tell you?
I mean - yes - you need to do the steps noted above, in sum ~ 15
(I wrote here ~ 15 because you could perhaps skip the wheel unmounting…but that doesn’t make sense: As meant above you should check 338…which is below the wheel bolt…)

At least you need the hook key and 4, 5 and 6 mm Allen keys.
And you need the hook key also for correct belt tensioning.

You really don’t understand:

1. Loosen the big groove nut of the bottom bracket by using a 60 mm hook key

?

Well…in that case…please don’t get me wrong…I would suggest you visit a workstore and let a professional bike mechanic do the belt exchange.
Excuse me, but did you think you can work without tools?
It was a lot of work to collect the info for a basic Strida workstore - but note that’s just a part and several special tools are still missing:
Strida workshop tool guide

Btw, middle quality hook keys in that size, or adjustable ones, should be on the market for ~ 20€.

You’re maybe overwhelmed by the amount of steps I’ve listed above; please consider that they are pretty detailed.
The amount of details might be confusing at first sight, the reasons to show/write as much as possible were:

• On one hand to supply info for mechanically (half-way) experienced users to fix problems by themselves.
  • And on the other to help mechanically less experienced Striders to get comprehensible advice to decide whether they will be able to fix by DIY - or to need a professional.

So, I’d really love to guide you - but without any effort (and a few tools) by yourself I’m unfortunately overcharged.

Free Christmas offer just for you:
Bring bike/belt to Vienna, we’ll replace it, check/replace together 338 (you receive a hook key?), visit a Viennese bike store and have a beer :smiley: