mk 1 top joint moulding required

Hello Giles,

I haven’t a clue, but when I remember correctly wrote somebody (maybe Amuro?) that the 5.0 molding version does also fit the 3.0.
Maybe it does on Mk1 too, guess you should simply try it, the normal moldings are not expensive.
Looking at diagram 14 at page 33 of the Strida 1 manual I’d say the moldings are - at least - similar.

Perhaps you unmount your molding one day, we might be able to compare your part with new(er) ones via the dimensions and the location of the seat pin.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I will take the thing apart and have a look. I was going to call Velorution in London to ask them too.

Cheers

GTV

Please tell us about their reply…
:question:

Morning Strida Forum

I have spoken to Velorution and they say the QR seat mounting will not fit the MK1…not to be defeated I then rang Van Moof in the Netherlands and they think that it should fit it. I think I am going to give it a try. I will let you know what the outcome is

Cheers

GTV

Hi,

Latest update is that I rang Velorution again and spoke to very nice chap called Conrad this time, who asked me to send a picture of the damaged seat post when it was in half. I did this and he reckons that the QR seat post will fit OK…so I am off to London on Wednesday to buy it and will let you know the outcome

Cheers

GTV

Great that you could find a competent person :smiley:

Well…good news. The new Strida QR seat mount fits my Mk1 perfectly. There is only one pin position to use but that does not really matter. It was easy to fit using the CD provided and looks great. Off for a test ride tomorrow morning. Thanks to Conrad at Velorution at 88 Great Portland Street London. The folks at the shop were very helpful and told me that there was a shipment on it`s way to them of the very latest Stridas. Will have to go and pay another visit when I am next in Town.

I am happy to post pictures if anyone wants a look.

Cheers

GTHV Giles the Happy Viking!

These are really good news…you lucky!
Interesting that Ming obviously didn’t change the tube diameter since…aah…back then.

Hmm, I think yours would be the first pics of a MK1 with QR molding here… :smiley:

Wish you a safe ride!

Well…I have now had a ride on my MK1 and it was great fun! I am used to riding a road bike clad in Lycra so the riding position is totally different. You do get people`s attention when riding one of these mobile triangles! I probably look a bit ridiculous perched atop this bit of design history…but I do not care. I had a very pretty girl smile at me and check out what was between my legs…it made my day. :slight_smile: I am 6ft 1 so things are a little cramped but it is going to be great for getting to my various customer meetings from the underground stations in and around London…when the weather is nice.

Long live the MK1

GTV
:slight_smile:

:laughing:

I remember also clearly a group of girls…well, not really smiling; more laughing about the small wheeled triangle between - you know…just, these were children :laughing:

:slight_smile: I have used the MK 1 twice this week now for trips around London…and it was great, it beats the underground in nice weather and you get to see the city when you are not avoiding the incredibly annoying and dangerous red London buses…they are a compete and utter menace! Why oh why do we put bikes in the same lanes as the biggest thing on the roads…double deckers?? I have been back to Velorution to have a peek at their new Stridas…they are fab. There is one that has curved handlebars in British racing green that I really like. I may have to do another Cycle Scheme purchase to add to my collection!

Happy Striding

Cheers

GTV

Hi, just bought my first Strida Mk 1 and sure enough the top joint moulding is broken. Did anyone find a source or have any repops made?

Hi

I have asked someone I know if they have any available…as soon as I hear I will let you know

Cheers

GTV

Greetings guys,

i need also at least two top joint moulding for MK1.

Is there any news about an adequate repops?

Please let me know.

Does someone have that 3D CAD File of the top joint moulding ?

So that i can also ask some companies here for replacement?

I am sure, that someone have it!

Best Regards,

Hi,

would it be possible to get a copy of such 3d CAD, please?

I have the same problem, a broken ball joint holder and was investigating the 3D printing optin.

Regards

I’d be cautious believing the claim of a “riding engineer” - who was never heard again since more than four years…
:unamused:

hope springs eternal… :slight_smile: I’ll have to come up with some Ersatz…

Hi,

just a poll: if some offered a 3D printed (nylon) or CNC machined aluminium replica of the top joint, who would be interested?

Hi Loran4721,

me of course, depending on the price I’d take three or five to support forum mates :wink: