Which model to buy for someone 160 cm and 180 cm tall?

Hello Bill and Blackstridaaustria,

I apologise for the delay in my response and wish to start with a big thank you for your warm welcome and for your very kind replies.

Bill: thank you for providing such a wealth of expert information. I only wish we were located near your shop - then it would be simple: we would just try out and buy the bikes from you.

Blackstridaaustria: thank you as well for your insights and for adding the brilliant images.
I agree with you, the dealer has been below par on several counts, and in fact it was his less than helpful attitude why we got stuck with our plans.
Your reply made me realise that probably the simplest way to answer the question would be to get the lowest possible length between the seat level and ground for each model - in our case the SX.

Here I will add some more info to explain why it is hard to make a decision at this point.
We are located in Europe/Belgium, which implies the following:

1. As everywhere, the best prices and widest (least narrow) selection of Strida models are available through online shops, but when purchasing through them we can’t try out these models, yet, once we buy and assemble a bike we can’t return it.

2. Due to problems under 1 we were looking into a local shop, but here even the closest dealer offering Strida is located in another country: Netherlands - (ie the “local” shop I referred to) and there we couldn’t even try the model we would like to buy (SX). There was only a MAS as a show model, and that only with the higher seat position, which I tried to ride and was okay for me, but the dealer was unable (or unwilling?) to adjust the seat to the lower position - this is why my girlfriend could not try it.
    Therefore the purchase from the “local” shop does not offer the chance for both of us to make sure it is the right model before buying it - hence my need for the most precise information.

We asked the same questions from online shops - they seem to be unable to even understand why we ask these questions, instead of answering they keep directing our attention to the same FAQs.

Indeed, it is possible, great point! Therefore, to narrow down the problem to this question: what exactly is the lowest possible length between the seat level and the ground for the SX model for both wheel sizes? If we would know the answer for sure, it would be an immense help.

Again - thank you so much for all your help - I very much appreciate it. :slight_smile: