Looking for a Shhortcut to a Great SX

Very detailed post, thank you :smiley:

Saddle: Several users of Hong Kong Strida Club and Stridaforum decided to use Brooks saddles, to find out the types which will fit Strida without modifications of the seat molding it might be useful to try the forum search for the exact type.

For example; here Replacing your seat?

on the other hand here Strida-5 24/7/365 - Long distance mods & living with the bik

Obviously no problemā€¦

Out of security reasons I would recommend to modify the seat molding very carefully, the better way will be to purchase a suitable saddle.

Tools: This point should be worth an extra threadā€¦
Maybe you should study first the manuals, there are actually hints for simple maintenance procedures, like brake pad adjusting and belt tensioning.

Tyres: Either Schwalbe Kojak 18 x 1,25 or Innova 18 x 1,35, thereā€™s not much choiceā€¦
The third suitable tyre is the Schwalbe Marathon 18 x 1,35 (very similar to the Innova).
Btw, the standard maximum pressure for Marathon and Innova is 6,5 bar, for the Kojak 8,0 bar (!)

Lights: Common bike lights are usually mounted on top of the (unfolded) handlebar, I mean itā€™s not very practical that the headlight is at the outside of the (folded) handlebars. Searching for another mounting position, Iā€™ve found at the Honk Kong Strida Club an interesting solution - pics will be posted asap at your SX Lights thread.

The Strida rear light is equipped with an angle adjustable plastic clamp, the clamp is able to supply a vertical mounting position of the rear light.
Actually, Iā€™m working on a solution for my magicshine rear light, I want to combine the original rear light clamp with a few aluminium profiles as an adapter to the magicshine mountā€¦

Pumps: The pressures of the narrow tyres are relatively high, the air volume of the small tyres is low, guess thatā€™s the reason why the pressure is falling fast, mabye the pump will be more in use than on normal bikes.
Iā€™m sure you will appreciate the comfort of a good floor pump with pressure gaugeā€¦btw, if the gauge is at the upper end of the pump - it will be more easy to readā€¦
For outside will one of these new-fashioned CO2 ā€œbombsā€ do a good work, I meanā€¦

Servicing: Less of the Strida parts are made of steel, but one thing might be worth a look:
Please read this post first:
How does the bottom bar latch work?

The mentioned small spring (part 12 on the patent drawing) is (was?) not rustproof, the small drill hole (position 112) might ā€œcatchā€ water,
a drop of waterproof grease cannot be wrong at this point :wink: