tire replacement?

I thought Strida5 has standard metal rims so it should be good for 100psi with a 100psi tyre eg 40-305 Kwest … (but may be a hard ride). Unlike the plastic wheel I have, the 5 uses absolutely standard bike rims and an tyres. So you should be able to either fix the inner tube with a patch or replace it … I’d also check a few things …

1. Has the tyre still got a thorn (even tinny) stick in it … as this will keep puncturing new inner tubes ? (tate tyre off and carefully feelthe whole inner surface for sharp points/ edges.
  2. Check that the tape on the in side of the metal rim is properly in pace (ie centrally on the rim) so that it covers up all the nipples … on end of spokes. Unlike human ones, these nipple can be very sharp :slight_smile: … and if they make contaqct with inner tube they can puncture it.
  3. If nec. check all nipples for spikes and even use a 2nd band of rim tape over the original.
  4. Check the rim itself for any sharp edges facing towards the inner tube.

the nice thing about the Strida is as it doesn’t have forks check , swopping and replacing tyres and ntubes is very easy … the wheels stay in place.