Introduction and question

Got it.

On Strida.fr, which is official distributor for Luxembourg, I can get the Innova for 44€ each + pair of 18’’ tubes for 4€ each + shipping cost for a total of 108€.
I will try to ride as it is first, with the Kojack, as weather is great currently (amazing post-summer here, I guess it is the same for you BSA ?) and forecast are still optimistic. I want to feel it before to do some “mods”.

Willie, regarding quality of the road. Luxembourg is quite good. Especially Luxembourg-ville, the capital. Where I live this is bit less smooth because it is more rural but still very good when comparing to close neighbours such as France (where I grew up), Belgium (even worse)… And I will limit my interaction with the “gutter”. Basically, my road are as follows:

From home to train station :

1. option 1 : 100m on the road. Then join a park, crossing tramway rails. To ride along the park (1.5km) on a long straight line that is large enought for a big truck and a bike to cross. It is smooth. No poteholes. It is used by bicycles and pedestrians and frequently cleaned.

2. option 2 : just reach the train station via normal road (but in that case there is a bridge to cross with a steep hill)

Train : +/- 20 min.

Then from train station to work:

Option 1) Take the funiculaire, join a long, flat and new bicycle lane (around 1km). Then join a park and (this is in my opinion the “trickiest” part) ride with leaves covering the ground during fall, humidity and even fog (slippery) for around 1km. Also the road isn’t as flat but that’s again very acceptable. My office is a villa in the park.

Option 2) Stay down in the valley, ride until elevator (smooth road and few paved) for about 1km. Take the elevator, and join the same park than option 1) but at a different entry point.

Option 3) Take any vertical moving vehicle to join upper city (funiculaire/elevator) and join the road instead of the park.

As you can see I have many choices. Let’s wait and see. Anyway, my birthday is only the 19th of October. So it is possible that I have to wait to use the bike. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :confused: