The first few weeks with my Strida Evo

Thankyou Karsten for the Rider’s Report. Your Strida Silver EVO looks awesome. It’s strange as I have the same model but it’s a real beauty on the photos.

A bit on the bent-steering – I LOVE it and in is NOT expensive to put on… yet it totally changes the ride characteristics of the bike (IMO) in that it puts the rider more “forward” on the bike and takes away some of the “rider weight” on the rear-wheel. I am not a tall rider (I am 1.69m tall only) so the stick handle-bar was fine but I love the bent-steering.

I also put most of my ‘carry weight’ on the front of the Strida to ‘balance’ out the bike. So on my EVO I have a front Bike bag attached to the front (to carry my spares etc) and the Strida clip on water bottle. (I actually have Strida clips on front and rear - but I try to only use the front unless I am doing the 70KM ride where I do need an extra). Personally I feel the Strida was too much weight’ed on the “rear” although you are taller and have the seat at the top of the “A-frame” so it’s more “Dutch” than “Dutch BMX” (I love that coin’ed term!). Initially I kept doing rear wheelies until I placed more weight on the front of my Strida. :laughing: