The first few weeks with my Strida Evo

Thank you for the details Karsten, great post. Regarding the change of the positioning of the seat pin,
Swapping to the higher of the two mounting points for saddle & rack was a pain in the a**. The diameter of the screw is very small small for the force being applied. Additionally the material seems to be quite soft. I ruined the inner part of the screw and had to force it in with a pair of pliers …

what I think makes this operation difficult it the paint or clear coat over spray in the upper hole. Before I ship a customer a new Strida I clean the exit hole in the tube and the threads in the tube so this won’t be a problem. I have read reviews on Amazon where new Strida owners have returned their new Strida bikes because they were unable to use the upper hole. A small round file, known in Canada as a rat tail file, or the end of the seat pin inserted into the exit hole can remedy this. For the threads in the tube, carefully turning in the seat pin and then backing it off several times will work, being careful not to apply to much pressure or that will damage the hex key socket.

I hope this suggestion will spare other new Strida owners the grief that a little over spray may cause. But of course what would be even a better solution is if Strida looked after this little detail themselves before shipping the bike.

Cheers, Bill