My Strida EVO

Hi Chris,

Just some comments:

I’ll do a full strip down service later this year with our Singapore distributor - see what they do and say. Stripe Down - as in remove every single part and re-lube every part before re-assembly. It costs not cheap but worth it on high mileage in my opinion - and let’s see how the KS3 goes. Alternatively, with the milage and enjoyment I am getting - I now have 2 spare KS3 gear boxes - really since the Strida EVO has been relatively maintenance free – if I was to compare this with my other chain driven bikes wear and tear and replace of components — if over distances it averages out for a new KS# swap out — it’s STILL worth it and not the end of the world. Look at the thousands we spend on cars… or hundreds to low thousand on those e-bikes — they have a limited life too.

So in short - it is what it is. If anyone reading this is worried about KS3 on EVO — get a Strida SX on 18 inch wheels - similar to 2nd gear on Strida. IMO only.

True. Whilst on one hand one could say Strida is not a cheap bike (compared to made in China generics etc) - it’s actually VERY cheap compared to other branded bikes like the Birdy, Bromptons etc - and they don’t even have the Kelvar belt etc tech that I so love.

Thanks Chris. I just added an extra rear disc and subber repair kit to my spare parts. I didn’t know this – so thankyou.

Any other parts I should be looking at too? For now - Strida is still plentiful - so can always get a 2nd hand on eBay etc and strip for parts.

What happened to the other Moderators. Seems I discovered this forum quite late … everyone almost seems to have left… Hoping for many more years Chris… :wink: