My Strida EVO

Just wanted to update status.

I stopped riding my other 3 bikes (which are chain driven and more gears) in favor of the 3 speed Strida EVO.

I don’t need to be super fast and I am on mostly bike tracks and some city roads. It’s fast enough to keep speed with inner city traffic.

Main reasons for Strida EVO love and what makes me ride it more are:

It’s kelvar belt - less maintenance as I ride 3-5 times a week with each ride being approx 40-50Km. With my other bikes I was chain cleaning every week.
weather has been hot humid and thunderstorms - no problems with the Kelvar belt! My dry lube on the chain bikes wash off!
People love the Strida - people stop me and ask what it is. It’s also a chick-magnet. Girls in general are not into full carbon kit road bikes or mountain bikes whatever… the Strida is a chick magnet! The number of times a random girl wanted to ride my bike =). It’s also way cooler than other folding bikes - the A - geometry
I will never ride a 1-speed Strida including the C1 Carbon – the 3 gears are fast enough to hit 25kh/hr which is the legal speed limit on bike tracks in Singapore. If I really needed speed I be on my road bike!
I love the 3 speed “back pedal” click to change gears !

An update on the bike - it’s done approx 10,000km - serviced it 4 times now at the local Bike Shop – nothing is wearing out or broken. Kelvar belt and the EVO Strummy Archer 3-gear box going strong. Wear and tear in general - like scratches to the frame from my neglect or general use. NO RUST anywhere despite lotsa wet weather riding. Rear tyre probably to be replaced this later this year (it wears out the rear fast - or a tire rotation needed!).

I upgraded my handle bars to the bent bar kit – totally changes the riding experience and pushes the weight of the bike more “even” as most of the weight distribution witht he default short handle bars (stock) is on the raer wheel. The bars are these at https://stridacanada.ca/product/strida-bent-handle-bar-kit/

I personally love this bike so much - it’s a pity that the Strida is not marketed more aggressively. Even my local Strida reseller – NONE of them ride the Strida or can speak strongly on the advantages / disadvantages as they NOT ride it themselves - which is a pity.

To be successful on the Strida - it takes a few rides to get used to the “twitchy” aspects of the bike - after which everthing is GREAT. I see too many potential buyers of the Strida are put off by this (as the sales person does not know the product in order to relay the experience) or they try sell the Strida LT (which is very different to the Strida EVO from a riding experience!).