Introduction and question

Hello guys,

After few days of daily commute, I want to share a quick feedback on my Strida SX.

As already said before from an aesthetical point of view, it is beautiful. The black and gold color is a net combination. Not low profile for sure but hey, this is not a low profile bicycle from the start. I wish all the Chrome parts would have been colored in black (handlebars, break lever, crank arm, brake calipers are not black). Anyway, all the black version of these parts exist in accessory parts if needed. We will see later for the customization because nothing is cheap.

Never used a folding bike before, but I was able to feel the qualitative aspect of the moving part. The cinematic is nice and everything click into place with a satisfactory sound.

First thing was to change the seat height. Apparently, there is now an easier version of the seat mount with quick adjustment. Mine is the old version. It is the third time I change the height. It seems that I have long legs in comparison to my size. Now, I have found my setting so I should not move it anymore.

First ride was hazardous. Especially to set off. The small size encourages setting off anywhere, even on a crowded sidewalk, which is not a good idea finally. Once you understand that you do not put your weight on the arms to ride it is much better.
Now that I have the right height and the 18’’ kojack properly inflated, it rides wells. Set off is quick. On flat, I reach quickly the max speed. On small hills, you need to push on the pedals but no problem with that I have good legs.

The bike started rapidly to make some squeaking noise going uphill and when pushing on the pedal. I have tightened the bolt of the locking latch and the noise disappeared this morning. One of them was a tiny bit loose.

As already underlined everywhere, breaks are powerful. I had to loosen them a little bit.

Overall, that is a wonderful piece of engineering. Fold is quick. Bike is comfortable to ride (not comparable with more traditional bike of course especially on cobblestones). Where the bike shines the most, it definitively in the train itself or in the stairs of the train station. No need to wait for elevator anymore if train is already here. It draws a lot of attention especially during the fold/unfold process. Strange feeling is that I don’t have the impression to carry a bicycle with me. It is like I feel lighter when I am hoping in train. I can sat and put the strida under the luggage storing area or even next to me in standing position. Very strange feeling compared to my heavy-duty electric scooter or even to other commuter in traditional bicycle. You do not annoy other commuters. I kind of forget about it. Which is much appreciable but weird in a certain way.

The little thing that is bugging me, but that is really a little thing is the angle of the seat. This seat is lightly tilted toward the front (the front part of the seat is pointing down while the back is pushing me upward) Moving the seat forward does not help (it is on the rearrest setting for me). I found that a French user had the same problem on the net.). Changing the seat by the gel version have not solved the issue for this person. I am thinking to upgrade the spring-loaded version or the very lightweight one such as:
https://www.strida.dk/en/product/strida-leather-saddle/
or
https://stridacanada.ca/product/strida-light-weight-saddle/

But that’s a minor issue. Really. I am sure that I’ll get used to that fairly quickly.

other than this I have ordered spare tubes and frame clip. I should get them quickly. I will wait for the “winter” tyres as road isn’t slippery yet.

At the end, it is a very nice little thing. Ride are fun and zen as you don’t look for speed. Very nice birthday gift.
Regards,
Victarion.