that silver "thorn" which holds the seat holder

I believe the situation is a bit more complex and I’ll try to explain it like that:

Please consider first that Ming cycle were (and are) in fact just suppliers, check at their main page that they are “specializing in OEM bicycle products”:
https://www.mingcycle.com.tw/en/

And what does that mean?

Assumed you are a bicycle manufacturer and you want to start a new production.
Most likely you are not able to manufacture all parts in house, so you will order the required parts at your suppliers.
OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, such companies usually do NOT have contact to the customers!
(You should smell it already…)

For some weird reasons decided Ming cycle years ago to buy a brand - but without considering consequencies, because to run a brand you need more than just the ability to manufacture parts - there has to be support AND further development, too!

A supplier simply does not need any engineering department; each thing they produce was constructed before by other companies and other engineers.
Also, there is no support team required due to zero customer contact.
That was new to Ming - and they can’t handle that until today.

Furthermore, it really seems they have some trustment issues and I’m very sorry to say that.
Obviously, they do mistrust any meaning from outside - even if it comes from the founder himself!
Recent example; for whatever reason some important torque amounts were changed at the manual, page 19.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OykZyoK2N1srOYRCjzhC2dhOzCEG56OB/view
Mark Sanders told them his concerns, especially regarding the rear hinge bolt, personally at the 10th June 2020!
I have also evidence that the mail was received, but there was no further reaction.

It is very easy to verify who is right, all you need is a metric torque chart :neutral_face:

Personally, I do not think that Strida is going to die (soon) and also there are more things to consider:

• Strida is the figurehead of Ming - but not a single mainstay (and I guess also not main business).

• Advertising.
    Did you ever notice any official advertising in Europe or the U.S.?
    On the other hand I’m pretty sure they do advertise in Asia.

• Amount of bikes sold.
    Back then they were talking about 60 000 units per year; how many of them found their way to Europe?
    Guess that will be just a few percent.

• Average rider weight.
    There is a huge difference between Asians and Europeans/Americans, I think that is the reason why the majority of customers have less problems.

Finally, regarding dinosaur…

For the bike it’s a clear yes because certain details were not developed further since 25 years.

For myself definitely no; I’m not the youngest anymore but I feel more like just growing up :laughing: