Bits and bobs left over from assembly - Strida Evo

In the bottom half of this pic, the red/spring/black assembly I removed from bike to fit the rack. Nothing else came with it that appeared to fit.

The black plastic almost hemisphere, plastic dome nut, and “one time” plastic tie look to be related, but I have no idea where.

An unrelated issue is how to get full leg extension seat height and be able to get on/off the bike, since there is no stand-over safe mounting zone. Mounting bike from a step works, and “falling off” to one side without letting go of it probably the dismount answer. I was trying more acrobatic things but gravity force is strong in this one :wink:

Welcome deepfraught :smiley:

The red/spring/black assembly and the black hemicycle are parts of the quick release seat molding.
Quick Release Seat Molding ST-QRS-001
quickly removable seat pin / QRS modification DIY

The silver rod inside the spring is the very important “seat-pin”.
This pin must be screwed in the seat tube, inside of the seat molding!
Otherwise the seat (including molding) might slip downwards under load.

You didn’t really remove these parts from the seat molding…or did you??

Your EVO was not equipped with the quick release seat molding?
I’m just wondering because all pics of the Australian EVO are showing it?

As said above, the plastic hemicycle (locking lever safety/Strida part nr. 322-4-2) is the securing piece for the red locking lever (p. nr. 390-1) of the QRS molding,
images of the parts and mounting advice are here:
QR seat manual .pdf / 8 Mb

Plastic dome nuts are commonly used to cover the thread ends above the steel nuts at the usual (older) plastic seat molding (without quick release system).

I guess the plastic tie is intended for fastening the CD cover and the manual onto the Strida, once it is going to be sold without the box…

Thanks for the tip offs and links, it got in the way of seat height adjustment so couldn’t figure why something would be there =D I see now the two stages of adjustments. Since regular seat tubes are clamp friction and this one was large surface area despite being plastic I didn’t worry too much, but it was only a short test.

A little strange to provide a CD/DVD user manual for a portable mechanical device, without printed assembly instructions etc. as I’ve even had an assembly manual included in a cheap Chinese single speed bike that I expected nothing with. The YouTube usability review for instance could have had all the user wisdoms in a quick assembly and reference guide with all the scenarios, but I guess that might take another 25 years to come about =D