Excited Newbie Strida Mini Owner

Hi Everyone,

I am egerly awaiting delivery of my Strida Mini (white). It is expected to arrive at the end of December and I can’t wait.

After considerable research I choose Strida for many reasons. The main one being that the Mini is designed for little people like myself and also it’s unique folding capability.

I’d love to hear from any other Strida Mini users and I’d also love to buy a storage bag for my Mini when it arrives. Does anyone know where I can get a Strida Mini carrybag?

I look forward to reading your replies.

Warm Regards, Rapunzel.

Hi Rapunzel,

I think you can buy the storage bag for Strida Mini from your local distributor. :wink:
http://www.strida.com/en/distributor/
http://www.strida.com/en/products/?method=listing&sid=3&aid=82

Best redards,
Amuro

Hi Amuro,

Thanks for the links.

Rapunzel :smiley:

Hi Rapunzel,

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Amuro

Good Evening Everyone,

I have my helmet ready because I recieved an email this evening saying that my Strida Mini has arrived :laughing: I’m so excited. However I have a busy work schedule for the next few days so I won’t be able to pick it up until Friday afternoon. :cry:

I won’t mention the name of the shop I ordered my Strida from because I’m not sure if I’m allowed to, but I would just like to say how impressed I am with them and the Ming Factory as I wasn’t expecting my bike to arrive until after the New Year.

Unfortunately not only can’t I go and collect my Strida unti Friday afternoon, we are also expecting some very bad weather here in London over the next few days and up until Christmas :cry: So I will be riding my Strida up and down my apartment hallway until it is safe to ride it outside.

I will try and post photos here if I can.

Rapunzel.

Congratulations Rapunzel! :smiley:

I think it would be better to ride your Strida first time outside because it will take some time and will need some space for you to get used to the handling. :wink:

Hi Amuro and Everyone,

I collected my Strida Mini this afternoon and she is the most beautiful bike I have ever owned. I was brave and rode her to the underground station and then simply folded her up and before I knew it I was home. I got a few intriging looks from fellow commuters along the way.

You were right Amuro, it did take a little while to get used to her handling. It is very different to riding a conventional bike. But I love the fact that I am sitting upright, so I can see what is going on infront of me. She was also much smother to ride than I thought she would be.

I love that I don’t get dirty from a greasy chain, I love the fact that I am riding something innovative and stylish and eye catching. I LOVE STRIDA :laughing:

Does anyone else own and ride a Strida regularly around London? I personally have never seen anyone with one. I hope the snow doesn’t prevent me from trying out my first commute to work tomorrow. 2 Miles each way over concrete and tarmac with a few inclines along the way.

I don’t know how to post pictures but I’d love to share my Mini with everyone. On a passing note, one of the assistants in the bike shop told me I sounded like a new mother when I first saw my Mini. I though this was very funny.

Take care all,

Rapunzel :sunglasses:

Hi
I ride a red Strida 5 most of the year but usually stop around November and then get back on the road in Feb. The only reason i do this is my initial journey from home is a five mile trip down a dual carriage way (yes i know im mad!!) and i have the 18" wheels with slick tyres, which leaves you with not much grip.

I ride it to the nearest tube station and am on the central and district lines before i get near to work where i ride the other 3/4 mile & then my bike sits in my office.

I know what you mean about not seeing any other Stridas, i work in central london and i have only seen one other strida, hope you enjoy riding your bike, alot of people are still intrigued about the design, many times i have actually opened my bike on the tube to show people who are amazed.

You will, however, get a minority (majority in Cars!!!) that will try and mock you for having a “clown” bike, ive got used to it on the dual carriage way, i just laugh when i overtake them in the traffic.

One word of warning though, the old saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” bare this in mind. My Strida was fine until i decided maybe the bike needs a service, even though nothing was wrong.

Problem is you are stuck for people who service the bikes, if you have an extended warranty, your fine, in my case the bike was bought second hand, nothing wrong with it, in fact it was pristine and came with the canvas bag.

It was fine until i took it to one of only two dealers in central london, i have named the on this site before, so i do not need to do it again.

My bike has never been the smae since, and has become very unreliable of late, this is a shame because i really love the design and the riding position of the bike. Im not trying to put you off or anything, i wish more people had Stridas, i just wish there was more choice of where you could take your bike to if you had any problems.

Good luck and safe riding fellow UK Strida rider!!!

nindyz

Hi Nindyz

I have had exactly the same problem re servicing. I bought my strida in 2005. Whilst it was very reliable (and i do love it) after a while the rubber chain started to slip while i was peddaling. For convnience i :neutral_face: took it to one of the first service centres in London (approx four times) for the same problem and it was never properly fixed. In the end i gave up riding it and starting using the underground. Im about to start a new job and would like to get it road worthy again but the offical centre where i got the bike doesn’t appear to exist anymore. Does anyone have any advice, would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

RW

Hello RW,

Your main problem is the slipping belt, correct?

Did you try to fix it yourself?

Strida manual page 21

Hi RW,

For fixing the belt slipping problem on a Strida 3 (or earlier models), you can refer to these threads. :wink:
[url]Strida 3 questions - #5 by TomT]
[url]Adjusting belt tension? - #5 by blr_russell]

Best regards,

Amuro