New Strida Sx

Which ones do you mean with these?
Generally I’d say it is more the road condition than the tyre’s fault. :neutral_face:

My experience is very limited, but gladly I’ll tell you of my TWO flats within ten years:

• The first one occured with an original Schwalbe Marathon - flatsafe tyre :laughing:
    and the penetrator was - believe it or not - a tiny single staple of poorest quality, in fact nothing more than a thin piece of copper wire :unamused:
  • The second was a Schwalbe Kojak @ 8,0 bar and one hard and thorn-like shaped stone which hit the tyre exactly midships - strike, even if the aggressor was smaller than a corn of rice!

I’ve fixed the first flat on road and took the second home (because it was very near) but it has to be sad that repairing a flat is on Strida much more easy than on most other bikes due to the single sided wheel mounts.

…and I remember clearly that we had back then another, pretty unexpected, problem while fixing the flat - we couldn’t find the perforation in the tube and there was no water source available!
Since then I’m carrying one of these little fellows in the toolbag:
https://www.simson.eu/en/product/simson-leak-detector/

Above mentioned will reflect my personal meaning about “flat-safe” tyres but after thinking about it I do in fact remember someone; Ferenc - a member from Hungary - told me a while ago that he’s using a Kojak inside of another tyre as an additional antipuncture protection!
He cut off the beads of the inner tyre I believe.

Anyway, if you ask me and you really want 100% no flats, there is just one feasibility:

Re: Anyone using solid tires?

You saw this one?

Puncture armour - in the Schwalbe Kojak