Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

My Strida LT

The place to report and discuss your experiences of owning and riding the Strida. Perhaps your first impressions, or your story of a big trip.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Re: My Strida LT

Postby Geo on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for trying to reproduce the problem, but you just couldn't. You're just not as dumb as I am, lucky man!
I realized on the way back that sometimes, after folding the bike, I push it backwards, I mean with the handlebars facing towards me. In that case the pedals rotate.
If I push it the other way round, they don't.
Now I wish I never posted that stupid remark, but hey, you never know, it could be useful for some other Strida owner with an IQ as low as mine ;)
Geo

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am

MarSal wrote:...this means I can't utilize the parking mode with the string at end of handlebar...

Suggestion:
It is not that complicated to replace the original loops by adjustable ones! :D
Blackstridaaustria

Postby Geo on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am

Hi, scorching Strida users !

Lately I grabbed a Strida kickstand for a handful of coins, from a second hand webshop. It is marked "Strida", it is meant to be mounted the same way as the current version but it is slightly different. I guess it's from an older generation. Anyway, it was supposed to fit all Strida versions, but I discovered it doesn't. Only the angle is adjustable, not the length, so it's too short for my 18" wheels version.

I cut a piece of rubber which I screwed at the bottom - It's functional, but fairly ugly :) so I'll order myself a new one.
It can easily be undone, so if one of you guys needs a kickstand for a 16" Strida, you can have it for the price of shipping.

[Offer also posted on a French forum]
Geo

Postby gabythenewbie on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Glad to hear of your Strida experience! I myself have just acquired a Strida Sx and am looking forward to providing an account of my own experience with it soon! How long did it take you to get used to the folding mechanism? I'm seeing all these videos of people who easily fold and unfold their Stridas so quickly and smoothly... I'm not strong enough to undo the magnet without grabbing the wheels and separating them while the bike is lying down, but I'm hoping I'll intuit some trick like turning the tubes a certain way that'll overcome the lack of strength on my part.
gabythenewbie

Previous

Return to Riders Reports