Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

Strida MK1 repair/missing part

Advice from experienced owners on maintenance and repairs, riding skills and anything else.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Strida MK1 repair/missing part

Postby Adulthuman on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 am

Hi, not sure if this one has been covered before but I'm looking to get a replacement of the black plastic socket that holds the bike together. Image

That's held together with glue in that pic. I spoke to VanMoof and they cannot source it, I'm just wondering does anyone have an alternative? I was going to creat a 3D file and have it printed i was quoted €20, but my measurements were guestimates at most. I'm tempted to trying something with wood.

Also I've noticed a lot of people posting about replacing the the top handlebar socket piece. I had done this in 2003 or 2004, with the handlebar set from the Strida 2. I think I had to drill something but it all still works.

Thanks in advance.
Adulthuman

Re: Strida MK1 repair/missing part

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

Hello Adulthuman,

I'm afraid it will be impossible to find this part, please consider that the last bikes of these Strida version were manufactured ~ 23 years ago!
Since 2014 are even parts for the following version - the Strida 3 - not any longer in production.

All you can do is:
- Try to find another (defective) MK1 with a functional socket part.
- Try to contact the inventor, Mr. Mark Sanders directly, a while ago he still had (some) parts, perhaps he can help.
http://www.mas-design.com/

Good luck!
STV@gmx.org
StridaTuningVienna

"Who knows nothing, must believe all." *

[* line from "Aphorismen"; Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Austrian poet, 1893]
[* book title; Werner Gruber, Austrian physicist, 2010]
Blackstridaaustria

Postby Adulthuman on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks man, appreciate that I'll post any updates.
Adulthuman

Postby baggiobell on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

Hi there, I own a beautiful old Strida MK1 and I am looking for some spare parts:
- the plastic ball socket (with "Strida" written on it)
- the wheel clip (the part that looks like a crown) that keeps the bike closed ("clipping" the wheels) when folded
- the security clip/lever which keep closed the bike while riding
Do you have those pieces or know where to find them or have any idea of replacements?
Any suggestion (doable for a non-mechanic-man such as me) will be appreciated, thanks so much!
Kind regards
Emanuele
baggiobell

Return to Tips and Techs