Strida EVO3 with 18" wheels?

Great to hear - I love hearing stories of long rides on “small wheel folding bikes”. Where I am I see alot of small folding bikes (mostly cheap China-made knock offs with 20" wheels) but real original Bromptons and Strida’s are rare. Brompton is popular in terms of a Brompton-rider’s club in Singapore but other than a few - most are middle aged guys with a “spare tyre on their waist” riding no more than 20km because they are cash-rich. (apologies for those that are NOT!)

Bromptons in general pending the model etc is roughly TWICE the cost of a Strida EVO – probably because we in Asia (close to Taiwan) whereas Bromptons are from UK. I did see your post on the comparision — if they cost the same I would definitely consider a Brompton also although I do like the Strida very much.

One point I am upset on Bromptons though. There is a bike called “Flamingo” which is a 99% replica copy China knock-off selling in Bike Shops in Singapore - for a fraction of the cost (costs the same as a Strida LT). I hate knock offs - so many a times I see a “Brompton” but it’s not a real Brompton. It puts me off buying a real Brompton as a result.

I THINK you can! :smiley: The Strida EVO is such an easy bike. It may depend on your body structure as I agree it’s more “A” frame vs conventional bike. Out of the 4 bikes I have Strida is quite comfortable for me. As stated - the only thing I miss is “riding whilst standing”. I DO STAND on the Strida EVO – but not pedal just cruise - for bumps etc and it’s totally fine.

The 70KM is an easy ride also and I can do it days on end – the challenge is the time it takes. I am using the Strida as I am in a small apartment (space is an issue and so is the wife nagging!) and it’s for exercise etc. I normally cycle for cardio in the mornings and then shower, and head off to work. The time it takes for 100km would mean I need to leave home at probably 3AM :smiley:

Maybe I’ll do it on a weekend! :smiley: :smiley: